Thursday 20 November 2008

Just sublime!

Haven't been here for quite a while - but I had really nothing new to say until this week. I'd forgotten about something which is so important in my life - MUSIC! It's so easy to forget in the ins and outs of daily life how important it is to stop and listen. Not just to hear a piece of music over headphones while you work, or do something else. No, to actually stop, sit in a concert hall and just listen - to all the notes - just close your eyes - and hear the violinist bow into his violin, pick a note and dangle it in the air - just holding it in suspended disbelief for the audience. The sound lingers after it's stopped and you are transported for the tiniest moment into the sublime - into the wholeness of music, into the echoes of your soul, your life.
So, this is to share with you all a moment of just pure beauty - play the video, close your eyes and let it take you where you want to go.
This is what life is about - carrying this beautiful sound with you wherever you go - this is what happinness is about for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Valéria. I truly wished I were there in the chill of that Leipzig evening just for the concert!

    Anyway, I'll bet you're acquaited with English writer Patrick O'Brian, most famous for his Aubrey-Maturin novels. What I also bet that you DON'T know (neither did I) is that New York's Philarmonia Virtuosi released a pair of albums containing exclusively pieces mentioned in these novels. It's entitled "Musical Evenings with the Captain" and encompasses Adagios, Arias, Minuets and the like from Boccherini, Handel and Haydin. There's nothing from Bach, still I think it was such a serendipitious find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very dear friend,

    The bridge and the job are in my past, but my real friends are always here with me, very near the Ávila.
    What about a nice chat here in Venezuela?

    God bless you,

    patricia

    ReplyDelete